Volunteer for the RCACP
The time and talents of our volunteers is essential to the Regional Center for Animal Care & Protection. The Regional Center is a holding facility for the lost and unwanted animals from Roanoke City, Roanoke County, County of Botetourt, and the Town of Vinton. Volunteers assist with daily care of the animals, networking the animals to outside rescue groups and the general public, lost and found pets, and at off-site adoption events with partner rescue organizations.
To become a RCACP volunteer:
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Complete a RCACP Volunteer Application
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation
- Commit to a minimum of 8 hours every 3 months.
To become a RCACP foster parent:
- Must be an active RCACP volunteer
- Must live in the jurisdicitons that RCACP serves
- Can not exceed maximum number of pets allowed
- Must complete a RCACP Foster Application.
RCACP volunteer opportunities include:
• Cat Socialization
• Dog Walking
• Front Desk Assistant
• Kennel Assistant
• Off-site Adoption Events
• Rescue Networking
• Shelter Photography
Other Resources: Volunteering in Public Health Municipal Volunteer Program